If their mortgage is paid off — or close to it — your parents can’t squeeze much tax juice from their home other than property-tax deductions. Strategy: Consider buying your parents’ home, then lease it back to them at the going rate. That way, they can tap into the built-up home equity without moving away.
- Lessons from the Tax Court: Bad business debt wasn't legit
- How many business partners are too many? Use 'elevator' rule
- American Beauties: Tips from the Dead
- 2011 salaries expected to remain the same -- Increase your income odds with 4 ongoing strategies
- Court: Employees must give employers chance to fix errors