The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Base all decisions on legit business needs--and then be sure to document your reasoning
- Disability insurance kicks in on Day 1 at Virginia firm
- Is telecommuting a more 'reasonable' ADA accommodation?
- EEOC can't be sued for negligent investigation
- Use Applicant-Tracking Policy to Prevent Hiring-Bias Claims