The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Hiring independent contractor? Be prepared to document that he's not an employee
- OWBPA doesn't cancel out courthouse-Step settlements
- Use consistent hiring, firing processes to knock down age discrimination claims
- Funeral home company sued over wages, bias, harassment