The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Personality clash? Don't automatically transfer complainer
- Settling a lawsuit? Cut the IRS out of the deal
- Follow 3 rules of pre-hire medical tests: Timing, privacy, job descriptions
- Can we require grooming standards without being guilty of religious bias?
- Orthopedic manufacturer settles religious bias suit