The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Keep thorough records of skills-testing processes and results to counter claims of bias
- Frito-Lay seeks end to OFCCP discrimination probe
- Spying shrinks, paranoia at work in state mental hospitals?
- Talbert Builders settles race discrimination suit
- Employees' work is dull and uninspiring? Sorry, that's not grounds for a lawsuit