The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Can the government dictate the 'look' of the people we prefer to hire?
- Court to lawyers: No, you can't just copy an old lawsuit and expect to win
- Feel free to authenticate suspicious documents
- Chicago bank branch fires low-vision worker after a day
- Vague or nonexistent harassment policy? In same-sex cases, prepare to pay