The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The case of the purloined letter: Real resignation or post-affair retaliation?
- One stupid comment doesn't create hostile environment
- Working overtime can be an essential function of the job
- Federal government employer? You are liable for interest on back pay if you discriminate