The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- San Diego's mayor resigns, settles sexual harassment claim
- The 10 Employment Laws Every Manager Should Know
- Court calls it 'nonsensical': Prejudice against the prejudiced isn't covered discrimination
- Should you use an apology to head off employee lawsuit?
- Courts won't second-guess honest business decisions