The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Attendance policy: Control absenteeism without breaking the law
- Temp agency sued for refusing to place HIV-positive worker
- More courts lose patience with frivolous claims; they're asking failed litigants to pay up
- Know the limits of employee free speech—no need to tolerate out-of-line protests