The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Even 'harmless' banter can create a hostile environment
- Supreme Court rules on Chicago hiring test
- Tell bosses: Many subtle--and not so subtle--comments can add up to evidence of age bias
- Definition of 'work environment' just got wider--so did your risk