The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware firing for 'spreading rumors' about bias
- When conducting bias investigations, you don't need to be perfect--just reasonable
- Age discrimination alert: Beware using high training costs as excuse to deny promotion
- 3M to settle age bias suit rooted in quality control plan