The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'He said, she said': Train staff in conflict resolution
- Remind hiring managers: What you wear during interview may invite discrimination lawsuit
- Court finds Del Monte didn't cook promotion decisions
- Fired college coach, 88, files age-bias complaint