The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Best way to thwart discrimination lawsuits: Have manager who hired also handle the firing
- Train supervisors on new risk of workplace retaliation
- Fernwood Resort files will be public in sex assault case
- EEOC, N.J. man say Accenture's background checks are biased
- Use 'fresh-start' policy to cut retaliation risk