The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- Series of 'minor' incidents <br/> can add up to hostile environment
- Independent investigation doesn't have to be perfect
- EEOC says you discriminated? Investigate on your own before accepting settlement
- Rehiring ex-employees? Beware these 6 common slip-ups
- Denying leave may be legal, but unwise, for small firms