The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reports that bias complaints by Muslim workers increased by 18% in 2007, reaching a record 452 cases. Complaints by Muslim job applicants also rose by 34%.
Nearly 80% of all civil rights complaints to CAIR last year came from nine states, including New Jersey. The others were California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- It's OK to ban prescription drugs if you have genuine safety concerns
- Lawnside settles police dept. bias case for $350,000
- Of course you have an anti-harassment policy; now make sure all your employees can use it
- Beware reverse sex discrimination when setting schedules and overtime policies