More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- When bosses hook up with subordinates, sparks may fly … in court
- 'He said, she said': Train staff in workplace conflict resolution
- Hiring during the downturn? Stacks of résumés are no excuse for sloppy practices
- Weigh costs and benefits before seeking trial in federal rather than New York courts
- New study turns up heat on child labor compliance