More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Low-Cost, Compassionate Perk: Living Wills for Employees
- He may have been a con artist, but you can't say he was lazy
- Coincidental timing alone does not make a retaliation claim
- Review severance pact for clarity; define 'for cause' terminations