More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we compel a former employee to update LinkedIn to show she no longer works here?
- Document discipline investigation steps to show sincerity, lack of discrimination
- Employee out on military leave: How long must we hold his position?
- Minimize chance of retaliation suit by insulating new boss from past bias claims