More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- Your ability to block e-mail from angry ex-employees just got harder
- Are you 'overcomplying'? 7 laws you might be able to ignore
- What should we do about email still on former employee's company-issued cellphone?
- Have a sick leave bank? Make it accessible to all who qualify
- Confidentiality instructions under attack by the NLRB and EEOC