More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Sexual harassment: Your best game plan is prevention
- Clarify contract status by separating arbitration clause from job application
- FMLA leave-Takers aren't untouchable, but courts will look closely at timing
- 3 variable pay trends help weather recession