More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Act fast and fairly to investigate when employee complains of hostile work environment
- OSHA fines Western Pa. roofer following 2009 fatal fall
- Teachers win right to union vote at charter school
- Annoyance or illegal retaliation: Courts draw the line