More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- NLRB releases rules for recently enacted 'ambush' elections
- Employee should have given firm a chance to stop harassment
- 5 ways to avoid legal risks of converting temps to regular staff
- Ban former employee from premises; it's not retaliation
- How should we handle tip calculations that factor out credit card fees?