More than 60% of corporate counsels expect the election to have an impact on employment laws at their companies, according to a survey by The Association of Corporate Counsel.
Biggest potential changes: increased health costs, mandatory paid sick days and more power to unions.
Note: To register for our Nov. 6 audio conference, “New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009,” go to www.theHRSpecialist.com/events.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Less chance of receiving 'no match' letter from SSA in 2003
- Creative benefits help employees with cancer stay on the job
- Brown nixes 'card check' union elections for farm workers
- ADA: You can deny jobs that threaten workers' own safety, health