Q. Can an injured worker obtain both workers’and Social Security disability benefits at the same time?
A. Yes. However, an employee who receives workers’ compensation benefits may receive lower Social Security benefits. You can obtain more information from the Social Security Administration web site (www.ssa.gov) or by calling (800) 772-1213.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Obama health plan would raise coverage, some employer costs
- Remind employees: Honesty required when applying for health insurance benefits
- Nontraditional benefits set 'best and brightest' apart
- FMLA in the trenches: 10 tactics to wipe out fraud and abuse