Q. Can an injured worker obtain both workers’and Social Security disability benefits at the same time?
A. Yes. However, an employee who receives workers’ compensation benefits may receive lower Social Security benefits. You can obtain more information from the Social Security Administration web site (www.ssa.gov) or by calling (800) 772-1213.
- Avoid liability for contractor's actions by staying out of its business
- Holding employee's final paycheck to recoup company property
- Hospital workers suspended for peeping at George Clooney's medical files
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?
- Double dipping? Severance payments and unemployment compensation