Q. Can an injured worker obtain both workers’and Social Security disability benefits at the same time?
A. Yes. However, an employee who receives workers’ compensation benefits may receive lower Social Security benefits. You can obtain more information from the Social Security Administration web site (www.ssa.gov) or by calling (800) 772-1213.
- Feel free to punish boorish misconduct, even if employee blames it on disability
- Workplace genetic testing raises discrimination concerns
- Employee's religious belief doesn't let her dictate your business
- State unemployment fund running deeply in red
- Minnesota's 8.8% unemployment rate outpaces national average