Q. Can an injured worker obtain both workers’and Social Security disability benefits at the same time?
A. Yes. However, an employee who receives workers’ compensation benefits may receive lower Social Security benefits. You can obtain more information from the Social Security Administration web site (www.ssa.gov) or by calling (800) 772-1213.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Praise Your Way to Success: 6 Steps to Effective Employee Recognition
- Find tax relief from a medical-reimbursement plan
- 4 N.J. companies make Fortune best-places-to-work list
- At Whole Foods, employee benefits are chosen through workplace vote