Terri Vaughn, finance director for the Yeadon Borough Council, has filed a sexual harassment and retaliation complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the EEOC, alleging that council member Terry McGirth kissed her inappropriately on numerous occasions, and that the council failed to address her complaints.
According to the complaint, McGirth tends to greet co-workers with handshakes, hugs and occasionally a kiss on the cheek. Over time, those pecks turned into inappropriate kisses, Vaughn claims.
Finally, Vaughn grew so irritated she asked him to greet her “as though your wife were here,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Co-workers began giving Vaughn “McGirth alerts” so she could busy herself whenever he entered the building.
Vaughn formally complained in June 2008, but she says the borough did not investigate.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When spices, dogs and employees don't mix, what should we do?
- DOL seeks bigger 2017 budget for wage-and-hour enforcement
- Independent contractor alert: Feds on the lookout for misclassification
- Employee requests transfer? Get it in writing to avoid later false claims