Terri Vaughn, finance director for the Yeadon Borough Council, has filed a sexual harassment and retaliation complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the EEOC, alleging that council member Terry McGirth kissed her inappropriately on numerous occasions, and that the council failed to address her complaints.
According to the complaint, McGirth tends to greet co-workers with handshakes, hugs and occasionally a kiss on the cheek. Over time, those pecks turned into inappropriate kisses, Vaughn claims.
Finally, Vaughn grew so irritated she asked him to greet her “as though your wife were here,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Co-workers began giving Vaughn “McGirth alerts” so she could busy herself whenever he entered the building.
Vaughn formally complained in June 2008, but she says the borough did not investigate.
- 6 legally vital elements in staffing-firm contracts
- Vague 'unfairness' complaints aren't protected activity
- Mandatory arbitration: 7 ways to make it stick in court
- Can a company be liable for race-Biased firing if decision-Maker didn't know the person's race?
- RIF looming? Base layoffs on logical criteria