1. What are the size requirements for federal workplace posters?
a. At least 8½” by 11” for all posters
b. OSHA poster must be 8½” by 14”; others must be “easily readable”
c. All wage-related posters must be at least 8½” by 11”; others must be “readable”
2. What is the maximum number of hours you can require adults to work in a seven-day period, according to federal law?
c. The Fair Labor Standards Act doesn’t limit work hours
3. What percentage of Americans say they believe their paychecks are accurate every payday?
4. Percentage of employees who say they doubt the ability of their HR team to keep the details of their personal situations confidential:
5. California recently became the sixth state to ban:
a. People under age 15 working during the school year
b. Reading or sending text messages while driving
c. Job discrimination against left-handed people
6. What’s the most common form of health care plan offered by U.S. employers?
c. Self-insured plans
7. COBRA requires employers to offer continuing group health benefits to employees. The federal law applies
to employers with:
a. 15 or more employees
b. 20 or more employees
c. 50 or more employees
Source: 1. DOL; 2. DOL; 3. American Payroll Assoc. survey; 4. Ouch Point survey; 5. www.ca.gov; 6. Culpepper & Associates study; 7. DOL.
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. B
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6924/the-hr-iq-test-november-08 "