1. What are the size requirements for federal workplace posters?
a. At least 8½” by 11” for all posters
b. OSHA poster must be 8½” by 14”; others must be “easily readable”
c. All wage-related posters must be at least 8½” by 11”; others must be “readable”
2. What is the maximum number of hours you can require adults to work in a seven-day period, according to federal law?
c. The Fair Labor Standards Act doesn’t limit work hours
3. What percentage of Americans say they believe their paychecks are accurate every payday?
4. Percentage of employees who say they doubt the ability of their HR team to keep the details of their personal situations confidential:
5. California recently became the sixth state to ban:
a. People under age 15 working during the school year
b. Reading or sending text messages while driving
c. Job discrimination against left-handed people
6. What’s the most common form of health care plan offered by U.S. employers?
c. Self-insured plans
7. COBRA requires employers to offer continuing group health benefits to employees. The federal law applies
to employers with:
a. 15 or more employees
b. 20 or more employees
c. 50 or more employees
Source: 1. DOL; 2. DOL; 3. American Payroll Assoc. survey; 4. Ouch Point survey; 5. www.ca.gov; 6. Culpepper & Associates study; 7. DOL.
Answers: 1. B 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. B 6. A 7. B
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6924/the-hr-iq-test-november-08 "
- Don't delay, even for one day! Assault allegations demand response ASAP
- You won't work Sundays?! EEOC guide explains religious accommodations
- The EEOC, maximum leave policies and the new ADA amendments
- How to comply with New York's new Military Spouse Leave Law
- 10 common tax return errors and how to avoid them