The number of people immigrating to the United States, both legally and illegally, has slowed dramatically.
From 2000 to 2004, about 800,000 illegal immigrants a year entered the country, according to a Pew Hispanic Center study. Since then, the average has dropped to about 500,000 a year.
Main reasons: increased enforcement of immigration laws coupled with the sputtering U.S. economy.
- New Florida FMLA status: Pet abuse victim?
- Ask attorney for help to make sure employment contract contains proper language
- How to create a valid severance agreement: Sweeten the pot above and beyond the usual
- Tremont mine achieves dubious first, will pay $900k
- Planning for the worst: Implementing a workplace violence policy