The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Recognize The Legal Dangers Of Considering Military Service In Employment Decisions
- Can dermatologist tell worker to tone down the tan?
- 2 big cases reinforce: Beware adverse action against employees who report wrongdoing
- Granting reasonable accommodation isn't enough--you must make sure it actually happens