The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Punishing for accommodation request may be retaliation
- Between honesty and discretion, what's the best approach to reference requests?
- Don't let supervisor punish employees who cooperate in investigation
- What's a 'Supervisor'? New Court Ruling Lowers the Bar