The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Associate loses temper, job and now lawsuit against DLA Piper
- OK to place employee on paid leave pending investigation
- To catch a thief: First document suspicion, then respond evenhandedly
- What equals a disability under the ADA? Supreme Court to rule