The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Discharge for racial slur upheld in Philadelphia's ongoing Fox 29 lawsuit
- N.Y.-Based grocery chain to pay $40,000 discrimination settlement
- Cut health insurance costs by uncovering ineligible dependents
- Where can I get the new EEO poster we need?