The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Know when to fold 'em: Sometimes, settling lawsuit is wisest move
- What's your duty to accommodate domestic violence victims?
- After discrimination complaint, be sure to document any potential disciplinary moves
- Update job descriptions to include new duties