The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Former boxing commish alleges retaliation, says he was fired for speaking out
- Challenging an OSHA citation? Don't miss 15-day deadline
- How to Collect Employee Medical Info Under New FMLA Rules
- New Indiana law means no more crying over expressed milk