The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has issued a complaint against Nova Southeastern University (NSU), claiming the university coerced and threatened cleaning workers who tried to join the Service Employees International Union.
In 2007, the NLRB charged NSU with terminating its contract with UNICCO Services because its 100 janitors tried to unionize. NSU replaced UNICCO with smaller, nonunion contractors.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6899/nlrb-says-nsu-bullied-janitors "
- Stop legal bait-and-switch by documenting, retaining copies of employee complaints
- Employee References: Sample Release Form
- Illinois union jobs jump despite poor economy
- Fitness-for-duty exams: When can they be used?
- Set up standard process for responding to accommodations requests--and use it every time