The fourth quarter is here, and if your company’s sales reps are behind on their numbers, it’s make-or-break time. Luckily, it’s not too late to turn things around.
To win the sales revenue game, business owners must respond “like football coaches whose teams are behind at the start of the fourth quarter,” says George Ludwig, author of Power Selling: Seven Strategies for Cracking the Sales Code.
How? “Managers must adapt to the current economic downturn and find the smartest route to score big and score fast,” says Ludwig. Here are three ways:
1. Make believers out of them
Give salespeople your best “I have a dream” speech. Pull everyone together and talk from the heart about your belief that the game can still be won. Highlight the specific company and marketplace changes that are necessary for success.
Reinforce the message with one-on-one coaching. “Sales managers must encourage individual salespeople to kick some s...(register to read more)
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Creating drug-free workplace: How to draft a policy, conduct legal tests
- Lenovo execs' posh, high-stakes meeting
- Working around the office manipulator
- Train employees to avoid pestering workers who file lawsuits or in-house complaints