Q. Can an employee waive coverage under workers’ comp laws?
A. Generally, no. Workers who qualify as independent contractors can sign agreements acknowledging that they are not covered employees. Also, certain corporate officers and shareholders can waive coverage. Otherwise, coverage is mandatory.
- Under what circumstances must we pay interns?
- Be ready to explain male/female pay disparity—dating back to the time salaries began to diverge
- For termination day, how much do we pay?
- Judge reverses decision after Labor Dept. issues opinion letter
- Recoup training costs, but beware doing so with last paycheck