Q. Can an employee waive coverage under workers’ comp laws?
A. Generally, no. Workers who qualify as independent contractors can sign agreements acknowledging that they are not covered employees. Also, certain corporate officers and shareholders can waive coverage. Otherwise, coverage is mandatory.
- Out of sight shouldn't be out of mind: Monitor remote facilities for signs of harassment
- Minnesota backs away from edge of retirement 'cliff'
- What can we do? We accidentally overpaid an employee who was out on workers' comp leave
- Georgia 'Donning and doffing' case headed to high court?
- 'Donning and doffing' remains FLSA flashpoint