A group of contract janitors at Park Meadows Mall in Littleton walked off the job in September to protest unfair labor practices by the Millard Group, which provides cleaning services to malls owned by General Growth Properties (GGP). The walkout was part of a national protest by workers at more than 20 GGP malls.
The janitors have been working for more than a year to organize through the Service Employees International Union.
In charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board, the workers say the Millard Group subjected employees who supported the union to illegal surveillance, intimidation, reduced hours and, in some cases, termination.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- GM takes VEBA for a test drive
- Stay on top of FMLA recertifications—Track when employees receive your requests
- NLRB, OSHA pact gives longer life to whistle-blower claims
- Turn your team into strategic thinkers