The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has resources for your employees who live in areas devastated by floods, fires or other disasters:
- Employees in flooded areas can call (866) 487-2365 for information about unemployment benefits, federal One-Stop Career Centers, wages and safety issues.
- DOL’s Midwest Flood Recovery Assistance web site (www.dol.gov/opa/flood-recovery.htm) has information and links about benefits, eligibility, unemployment insurance by state, paychecks and wages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Total-Comp Statements: More Important Than Ever
- Employ 'Casual' Workers? Stem Discrimination Lawsuits by Tracking Assignments You Offer
- New corporate accountability law holds employment-law surprises
- Fighting a Union Campaign: What Employers Can and Can't Do