The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has resources for your employees who live in areas devastated by floods, fires or other disasters:
- Employees in flooded areas can call (866) 487-2365 for information about unemployment benefits, federal One-Stop Career Centers, wages and safety issues.
- DOL’s Midwest Flood Recovery Assistance web site (www.dol.gov/opa/flood-recovery.htm) has information and links about benefits, eligibility, unemployment insurance by state, paychecks and wages.
- The DOL has issued model language for addressing health reform changes
- Courts say, 'Enough!': Employees must file all related claims at same time
- Tough times = stressed-out staff: 10 tips to ease their pain
- Georgia State Health Benefits Plan battles with program vendor
- Plan for work pile-up following FMLA leave