The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has resources for your employees who live in areas devastated by floods, fires or other disasters:
- Employees in flooded areas can call (866) 487-2365 for information about unemployment benefits, federal One-Stop Career Centers, wages and safety issues.
- DOL’s Midwest Flood Recovery Assistance web site (www.dol.gov/opa/flood-recovery.htm) has information and links about benefits, eligibility, unemployment insurance by state, paychecks and wages.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Legislature passes 'Play or pay' benefits bills
- Attitude, absence & foul language: 3 scripts for those conversations you'd rather not have
- Hospital workers suspended for peeping at George Clooney's medical files
- Can we take away accrued vacation leave?