The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has resources for your employees who live in areas devastated by floods, fires or other disasters:
- Employees in flooded areas can call (866) 487-2365 for information about unemployment benefits, federal One-Stop Career Centers, wages and safety issues.
- DOL’s Midwest Flood Recovery Assistance web site (www.dol.gov/opa/flood-recovery.htm) has information and links about benefits, eligibility, unemployment insurance by state, paychecks and wages.
- Rework your severance plan: More prospective employees seeking this safety net
- At what point does retired worker become ineligible for PTD workers' comp?
- Controlling absence: 5 keys to doing it legally
- Utah firm requires employees to take off their pants
- Good news for employers: Workers' comp retaliation isn't a federal case