The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has resources for your employees who live in areas devastated by floods, fires or other disasters:
- Employees in flooded areas can call (866) 487-2365 for information about unemployment benefits, federal One-Stop Career Centers, wages and safety issues.
- DOL’s Midwest Flood Recovery Assistance web site (www.dol.gov/opa/flood-recovery.htm) has information and links about benefits, eligibility, unemployment insurance by state, paychecks and wages.
- Post-Windsor, what's the tax status of benefits for same-sex married couples?
- Planning to outsource? Prepare to document solid reasons
- Should we contest? Fired for poor work, former employee now wants unemployment
- How strategic are you? An 8-question test
- U.S. Supreme Court gives green light to 401(k) lawsuit