Employees of McDonough Bolyard Peck in Fairfax, Va., have never paid health or life insurance premiums or deductibles.
The 18-year-old consulting firm pays 100% of the premiums for team members and their families for health, dental and vision insurance. Of its 203 employees, 165 use the benefit, costing the company about $1.4 million a year.
Employees do chip in a $25 co-pay and stay deductible-free as long as they use network-sanctioned providers.
HR Manager Julie Detwiler said the company shops around for better insurance deals every year. “We are trying not to decrease benefits every year,” she said.
Contact: Julie Detwiler, HR manager, at (703) 641-9088.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 5 survival tips: Seek employee help to weather the recession
- Anti-bias and sex-harassment training: a 5-point checklist
- Altering time sheets can mean personal liability for managers
- You can lead workers to PCs, but can you make them click?