Employees of McDonough Bolyard Peck in Fairfax, Va., have never paid health or life insurance premiums or deductibles.
The 18-year-old consulting firm pays 100% of the premiums for team members and their families for health, dental and vision insurance. Of its 203 employees, 165 use the benefit, costing the company about $1.4 million a year.
Employees do chip in a $25 co-pay and stay deductible-free as long as they use network-sanctioned providers.
HR Manager Julie Detwiler said the company shops around for better insurance deals every year. “We are trying not to decrease benefits every year,” she said.
Contact: Julie Detwiler, HR manager, at (703) 641-9088.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What's a 'grandfathered' health plan? Feds release new rules
- Not everyone wears a halo: Courts don't expect your work atmosphere to be perfect
- You may not even see EEOC complaint until lawsuit hits
- Court rejects bid for personal liability under ADA