Employees of McDonough Bolyard Peck in Fairfax, Va., have never paid health or life insurance premiums or deductibles.
The 18-year-old consulting firm pays 100% of the premiums for team members and their families for health, dental and vision insurance. Of its 203 employees, 165 use the benefit, costing the company about $1.4 million a year.
Employees do chip in a $25 co-pay and stay deductible-free as long as they use network-sanctioned providers.
HR Manager Julie Detwiler said the company shops around for better insurance deals every year. “We are trying not to decrease benefits every year,” she said.
Contact: Julie Detwiler, HR manager, at (703) 641-9088.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Survive EEOC crackdown on background checks, leave policies
- Feel free to set generous FMLA notice terms, but rely on the law if you wind up in court
- Remote workers: more engaged
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch