If a good idea pops into your head while you’re driving your car, playing a round of golf or riding the commuter train, capture it this way: Cell-phone your office and dictate your idea to your office voice mail, where it will be waiting for you when you arrive.
Also useful: Call in reminders to yourself. Example: “Don’t forget to call Chris first thing on Monday.”
- Altering employee time sheets can mean personal liability
- How to keep employees productive during flu season
- Check your policy! No privilege when e-mailing lawyer from work
- Transfer worker who needs a fresh start; it's not retaliation if pay, benefits are equal
- Firing workers who take FMLA leave? Do it carefully