If a good idea pops into your head while you’re driving your car, playing a round of golf or riding the commuter train, capture it this way: Cell-phone your office and dictate your idea to your office voice mail, where it will be waiting for you when you arrive.
Also useful: Call in reminders to yourself. Example: “Don’t forget to call Chris first thing on Monday.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 9th Circuit: Pharma reps are salespeople
- Comprehensive employee handbook is your best tool to beat unemployment claims
- In tight times, be prepared to handle whistle-blower complaints
- Not a matter of style: Factor safety, liability into dress code