If a good idea pops into your head while you’re driving your car, playing a round of golf or riding the commuter train, capture it this way: Cell-phone your office and dictate your idea to your office voice mail, where it will be waiting for you when you arrive.
Also useful: Call in reminders to yourself. Example: “Don’t forget to call Chris first thing on Monday.”
- Offer temp job to driver too injured to drive?
- Can a former employee demand access to her personnel file?
- On the hook for FMLA transgression? Offer immediate reinstatement to cut liability
- HR director arrested for handing out Xanax at work
- How does an employee's FMLA leave status affect how we conduct a layoff?