I’m not going to tell you that it’s OK to lie, cheat and steal. But I’m also not going to preach that you should act like a Boy Scout or Girl Scout all the time. There’s a middle ground—and that’s the smart place to be.
Listen, it’s easy to give speeches about how your department must maintain “the highest ethical standards.” That means noth...(register to read more)
- Supreme Court: Fiancé of complaining worker has retaliation protection
- Firing for poor work or rule breaking? Clear business reason will beat lawsuit
- Multiple reasons for firing? You may want to list them all
- Disruptive employee really deserves firing? Don't let FMLA keep you from pulling the trigger
- No raise = no review; a losing strategy