WS: You were a 21-year-old working in advertising when you founded what became Dialog. Did you expect it would grow this big, this fast?
Wagner: I’ve always had a vision for this company, but it wasn’t built on size as much as the services we could provide. And we didn’t get this big until late 1997, when we suddenly surged from 400 to 1,100 employees because we acquired Knight-Ridder Information.
WS: How have you managed to digest this acquisition?
Wagner: We knew integrating the two cultures was important, so we drafted a communication plan with military precision before the acquisition was final. It consisted of three steps. First, we pre-p...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Hold It! Must You Allow Unlimited Bathroom Breaks?
- Is there any new guidance on how to handle employment eligibility verification?
- Use this simple rule when interviewing: If it could be a slur, don't say it
- School system tends to new teachers' personal needs