2. Never get boxed into a corner. Leave yourself a clear path to break free if necessary.
3. Listen during introductions and make sure you properly hear someone’s name.
4. Treat a VIP like a friendly boss. Make smart, observant comments and then pose questions.
5. Emphasize key points by speaking slowly. Don’t launch into a rushed sales pitch.
6. Need some information or a favor from a peer? After exchanging pleasantries, come right out and ask for it. Don’t dawdle.
7. Pretend you’re enjoying yourself. Even if you’re bored or tired, don’t let it show and don’t talk about it.
8. Never eat. Chewing and networking don’t mix.
9. Keep your hands away from your face. No eye rubbing or hair fixing.
10. To enter a conversation, piggyback on what someone says by agreeing and then adding a fresh, relevant fact.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6737/top-10-networking-tips "