Covered employers are required to post a "Your Rights Under the" poster and are expected to communicate the basics about the Act (FMLA) to employees who don't read English. To make your job easier, the U.S. Labor Department offers a new Spanish-language poster that describes employees' rights.
To download this poster, plus other English- and Spanish-language compliance posters, visit www.dol.gov/osbp/ sbrefa/poster or call (866) 487-2365 to get posters mailed to you. To find out which regulations your company is required to post, visit the Poster Advisor at www.dol.gov/elaws/posters.htm.
- The Obama years: 4 predictions for employment law circa 2012
- You can terminate after FMLA leave--if you made the decision before leave was requested
- When reasonable accommodation is time off, it's OK to count it as FMLA leave
- You're not required to give reservists a post-duty rest period
- Your 'so-so' employee is on leave; can you keep his replacement?