A. Lay the groundwork by asking lots of smart questions, such as: What kind of sales growth are we shooting for in fiscal 1999? How do you intend to ramp up sales given our competitors’ moves? What are our short- and long-range marketing plans?
You’ll show that you’re a curious employee with a grasp of marketing. Then identify the three most compelling reasons why should name you a junior marketer. Begin by grabbing a pad and listing all the reasons why you think a junior marketer can help your company’s bottom line. Then consider the senior executive whom you’ll be persuading. Step into this person’s shoes and ask yourself, “From among my list of reasons, what are the top three?” Those three will serve as your road map.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Keep teens safe on the job this summer
- You hired them, now groom them
- Before firing, make sure you treated others just the same
- Wage-and-Hour, on-Call and mileage issues for 'Exempt' workers