WS: As the owner of several pro sports teams, it’s your job to hire winning coaches and managers. How do you pick your hires?
Colangelo: I look for people who are comfortable exercising responsibility. I don’t want employees bogged down by fear of trying and fear of failing. When I’m interviewing job candidates, I try to recognize the various gifts and skills they possess. I think about how those gifts can be used on the job, and to what extent their strengths match what I think we need.
WS: But with so much of your money at stake paying players’ high salaries...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette
- Landscape changing for noncompete agreements in Texas
- Supreme Court: Title VII deadline clock resets with each new biased decision
- Are You in Over Your Head?
- Add HIV/AIDS education and counseling to EAP offerings