A. Show eagerness to learn more. Seek examples of your weak points and ask if there are certain times when they flare up. By accepting feedback in an open way, you make it easier for the boss to level with you.
- Have a progressive-discipline system? Great! But reserve right to fire immediately if necessary
- Determine if mental condition actually impairs
- Do supervisors' 'Unofficial' employee files raise any legal red flags?
- Law doesn't cover blowing whistle on co-workers
- As boomers gray, savvy employers could see silver lining