A. Level with your boss. Explain that your goal is to continue to produce at a high level while helping your father. Ask for advice on how you can better organize your time. Propose ways to realign your duties to give you more flexibility. Finally, outline strategies that you’ve developed to cope with the situation. Invite your boss to tweak those strategies to make them even more effective. Many bosses appreciate the chance to give input and show their concern. Also find out if your company has an or resource and referral network that can help.
- New health insurance law now in force
- When (and how) can Pa. employees peek in their personnel files?
- Need to tap into your nest egg? Here are 5 ways to do it penalty-free
- Understand how whistle-blower laws affect employers, employees
- Street Smarts: Your peers weigh in with 5 real-world comp & benefits solutions