A. Level with your boss. Explain that your goal is to continue to produce at a high level while helping your father. Ask for advice on how you can better organize your time. Propose ways to realign your duties to give you more flexibility. Finally, outline strategies that you’ve developed to cope with the situation. Invite your boss to tweak those strategies to make them even more effective. Many bosses appreciate the chance to give input and show their concern. Also find out if your company has an or resource and referral network that can help.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Office communication: Align practices with employee perceptions
- Weather can excuse late filing for unemployment benefits
- Handling Unemployment Claims the Legal Way
- Wellness programs: Does your health-risk questionnaire violate the new genetic-bias law?