A. Level with your boss. Explain that your goal is to continue to produce at a high level while helping your father. Ask for advice on how you can better organize your time. Propose ways to realign your duties to give you more flexibility. Finally, outline strategies that you’ve developed to cope with the situation. Invite your boss to tweak those strategies to make them even more effective. Many bosses appreciate the chance to give input and show their concern. Also find out if your company has an or resource and referral network that can help.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Remind employees: Honesty required when applying for health insurance benefits
- Your compensation & benefits questions answered
- Mold at work spawns new class of workers' comp claim
- Need to tap into your nest egg? Here are 5 ways to do it penalty-free