A. Level with your boss. Explain that your goal is to continue to produce at a high level while helping your father. Ask for advice on how you can better organize your time. Propose ways to realign your duties to give you more flexibility. Finally, outline strategies that you’ve developed to cope with the situation. Invite your boss to tweak those strategies to make them even more effective. Many bosses appreciate the chance to give input and show their concern. Also find out if your company has an or resource and referral network that can help.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR certification: Worth it? If so, which one to pursue?
- $2.6 million lawsuit could clean out L.A. car wash
- Will Maryland court ruling stop 'Wal-Mart health care' laws in other states?
- Should you pay employees to change unhealthy behaviors?