• Fire on Mondays. Mondays are the best days to terminate an employee because it allows the person to start looking for a job right away.
• Make job offers on Thursdays. If candidates need time to think, this gives them one extra day. (If you give them the whole weekend, they may find another offer.)
• Give good job reviews on Fridays. It sets the mood for the weekend, which can be a reward in itself. It also prevents satisfied workers from “kicking back” for the rest of the week.
• Give poor job reviews on Mondays. This provides employees time to work out improvements during the week, instead of stewing all weekend.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6600/which-day-is-best-to-fire-hire-or-give-reviews "
- Counter retaliation claims by tracking PHRC and EEOC filings, internal complaints
- Follow these keys to put the 'success' in succession planning
- In handbook, spell out policies on promotions and pay
- HR decisions don't have to be based on foolproof evidence—just good faith
- Preach zero tolerance for any harassment