Why not use these slower-paced days to rejuvenate your mind with a page-turner geared toward your professional development? Target one aspect of your career skills—communication or —or catch up on one of those buzzed-about business books.
Tip: Stay on track by proposing a reading group within your office. If you’re meeting monthly, you’re sure to finish the book. Amazon.com offers savings when you buy some books in bulk, and Overstock.com’s prices typically cost 5% less than Amazon.
The most popular business titles:
• Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham.
• Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven Levitt.
• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.
• First, Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham.
• The Emotional Intelligence Quick Book by Travis Bradberry.