Overall, OfficeTeam says, soft skills are still in hot demand: Two-thirds of HR managers say that they’d hire an admin with good soft skills whose technical skills were lacking.
But tech skills can be a strong selling point for relatively green admins. OfficeTeam found that employers frequently look for proficiency in Access and PowerPoint, as well as experience with emerging applications, such as Microsoft Office 2007, contact and personnel software.
To get a copy of OfficeTeam’s 2008 Salary Guide, visit www.officeteam.com or call (800) 804-8367.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Case study: Look closely at consultants' motives
- Sample Policy: Harassment
- Mich. firm holds employee banquet for 21st straight year
- Training and development spending ticks up 1%