Overall, OfficeTeam says, soft skills are still in hot demand: Two-thirds of HR managers say that they’d hire an admin with good soft skills whose technical skills were lacking.
But tech skills can be a strong selling point for relatively green admins. OfficeTeam found that employers frequently look for proficiency in Access and PowerPoint, as well as experience with emerging applications, such as Microsoft Office 2007, contact and personnel software.
To get a copy of OfficeTeam’s 2008 Salary Guide, visit www.officeteam.com or call (800) 804-8367.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- A king and a priest who seized the day
- Lock in employees' reasons for quitting
- You don't have to tell applicants how you'll screen for interviews
- Put pay in perspective