Avoid wading through page after page of search results by making your Google searches more targeted. Here’s how to get exactly what you need:
• Either/or. If you want pages that have one term or another, type in “or” or use the “|” symbol, called the pipe symbol.
Example: affordable | green | office supplies.
• Quotes. If you want to search for an exact phrase, use quotes.
Example: “Affordable green office supplies” will return only pages with that exact phrase.
• Not. If you don’t want a word, use the “-” symbol next to it.
• Similar terms. Use the “~” symbol to search for similar terms.
Example: A search “~green office supplies” uncovers pages with terms like environmental, sustainable or earth-friendly.
• Definitions. Use “define:” to get a quick definition.
Example: “define: sustainable” turns up definitions, along with links.
• Vertical search. Search specifically within blogs, news, books and more. Enter your search term, then click on “more” for a drop-down menu. Then choose Blog Search, Book Search, etc.
• File types. If you just want to search for Word documents, for example, type “filetype:doc” as part of your search query. This will restrict your results to files ending in “.doc” (or “.xls,” “.pdf,” etc.), and show you only files created with the corresponding program.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6502/search-with-google-tips-and-ye-shall-find "