• Hold an annual “Kidnap Day.” Ad agency Barkley in Kansas City, MO, shuts down for a day to take workers to an undisclosed location, like an arcade.
• Offer extra paid time off. At Homestead Technologies in Menlo Park, CA, employees earn paid time off from Christmas to New Year’s Day, for birthdays and (after five years with the company) a four-week sabbatical.
• Acknowledge and reward major life changes. At Goldman Sachs, employees who get married or register a domestic partner receive an extra week of vacation.
• Send employees to the gym. Digitas Health in Philadelphia offers free gym memberships (including lunchtime yoga classes) to employees. It also has summer hours on Fridays so employees can enjoy the weather.
• Run seasonal contests. Employees of KPMG in New York compete in contests like “Movie Madness” (around the broadcast of the Academy Awards) or the “Summer Vacation Photo Challenge.” Prizes include big-screen TVs, iPods, Nintendos and travel vouchers.
For more tips on this topic, see an article in our sister publication, The HR Specialist, “12 Low-Cost Employee Strategies That Work.” Click on http://www.theHRSpecialist.com/article.aspx?articleid=6353.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6494/perk-up-your-office "