Most job-seekers use an average of five sites, according to publisher Peter Weddle. His recommendation: Use two general sites, such as CareerBuilder, and three specialty sites: one in your career field, one industry site and one that focuses on where you live or want to live.
Top 2008 general-purpose job sites:
• Yahoo! HotJobs
And the top geographically oriented job boards: JobCircle.com and Jobing.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 6 tax-savvy moves for small business filers
- Hurricane-relief tax breaks extend beyond Gulf ... possibly to you
- Look at duties—Not job title—When determining FLSA status
- In hiring, don't overvalue interview skills; courts question subjective decision-making