Most job-seekers use an average of five sites, according to publisher Peter Weddle. His recommendation: Use two general sites, such as CareerBuilder, and three specialty sites: one in your career field, one industry site and one that focuses on where you live or want to live.
Top 2008 general-purpose job sites:
• Yahoo! HotJobs
And the top geographically oriented job boards: JobCircle.com and Jobing.com.
- Certain you had a good reason for firing? Don't agonize over decision--or fear a bias suit
- Review I-9s, even if Wal-Mart raid doesn't signify crackdown
- Use rational criteria to make hiring decisions
- Rule No. 1 for evaluations: The employer—not the employee—sets the standards
- What are provisions of Illinois' new tax incentives to hire veterans?