Most job-seekers use an average of five sites, according to publisher Peter Weddle. His recommendation: Use two general sites, such as CareerBuilder, and three specialty sites: one in your career field, one industry site and one that focuses on where you live or want to live.
Top 2008 general-purpose job sites:
• Yahoo! HotJobs
And the top geographically oriented job boards: JobCircle.com and Jobing.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Consent required to run background checks on internal applicants?
- Working-conditions study presents compliance tune-up opportunity
- Think twice before hiring your kids right out of college
- What is Philadelphia's law on requesting info on applicants' criminal records?