Most job-seekers use an average of five sites, according to publisher Peter Weddle. His recommendation: Use two general sites, such as CareerBuilder, and three specialty sites: one in your career field, one industry site and one that focuses on where you live or want to live.
Top 2008 general-purpose job sites:
• Yahoo! HotJobs
And the top geographically oriented job boards: JobCircle.com and Jobing.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 7 steps toward writing job descriptions that really capture the job
- What are the new rules on observation of DOT-mandated drug and alcohol tests?
- How much are you worth in today's troubled economy?
- Bill aims to stem Ohio's looming nursing shortage