Most job-seekers use an average of five sites, according to publisher Peter Weddle. His recommendation: Use two general sites, such as CareerBuilder, and three specialty sites: one in your career field, one industry site and one that focuses on where you live or want to live.
Top 2008 general-purpose job sites:
• Yahoo! HotJobs
And the top geographically oriented job boards: JobCircle.com and Jobing.com.
- Keep hiring as objective as possible -- and beware loose criteria that could let in bias
- Applicants gone wild: Top 10 blunders by interviewees
- No home specimen collection for Newark P.D. drug tests
- Hiring temps onto your permanent staff? Check their backgrounds
- Pressure to 'Balance' staff may show reverse discrimination