Keeping Napravnik in the lead:
- She’s not overly impressed with herself. Nor does she compare herself to the greatest jockeys.
- She loves her work, leaving high school - despite straight A’s - to pursue her passion.
- She delivers. She drew her first mount at Pimlico at age 17 … and won.
- She’s precocious. One of Maryland’s top trainers says Napravnik understands horses better than Chris McCarron or Edgar Prado did at her age.
- She’s got grit. Once, she fell during a race and left the track in an ambulance, but came back, rode two races later and placed.
—Adapted from “Blazing Saddle,” McLean Robbins, Washingtonian.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Exit interviews: Use them to cut turnover, unveil legal risks
- Personality Conflict With the Boss Isn't a 'Disability'
- New California rules protect employees' right to wear religious garb
- Audit your books and check your vendors to avoid fraud