If a disaster ever broadsides your career, apply these five strategies:
- Fight, not flight. Face the situation and fight the battles that restore your reputation, not those that mire you in retaliation.
- Recruit allies. Help colleagues who suffered collateral damage in your catastrophe.
- Rebuild your heroic stature. Explain the context that led to your problems and accept the responsibility.
- Prove you’re still a hero. Stand on your professional feet, and show that the problem did not destroy you.
- Discover a new heroic mission. Find a new vision and a new mission. It’s the best way to transcend disasters.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6385/5-steps-to-avoid-career-disasters "