About a third of an employee’s desire to stay or leave an organization depends on trust, the study shows, but only one in five employees strongly trusts an organization’s top leaders.
These five aspects of trust, in order of importance, are the study’s best predictors of loyalty:
- If I shared work problems with my direct boss, I know that he or she would respond constructively.
- My direct boss makes smart decisions.
- My direct boss is honest and truthful.
- My direct boss helps me grow and develop professionally.
- I receive consistent direction from my direct boss.
—Adapted from “Building Trust in the Workplace,” Leadership IQ, www.leadershipiq.com.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6357/do-your-people-show-confidence-in-you "