- Revisit the basics by asking the team to rethink its purpose, approach and goals.
- Achieve small wins. Even noncritical, short-term wins can get a team moving forward.
- Introduce fresh new approaches and ideas. Simply providing new customer case studies or front-line work measures can end the stalemate.
- Set up training. It could center on skills, or goals.
- Juggle the team’s membership or change its Leaders can seem irreplaceable. Don’t be afraid to intervene and mandate a change. .
—Adapted from The Wisdom of Teams, Jon R. Katzenbach and Douglas K. Smith, HarperCollins.