Here are some self-branding Dyson secrets:
- He had the guts to name his product and company after himself.
- He made sure that his high-tech design looked very different.
- He created a vacuum that attracts buyers who are willing to pay top dollar for something unique.
- He exhibited determination by building 5,127 prototypes before he found a model that met his criteria.
- He showed the gumption to serve as spokesman in his company’s commercials.
— Adapted from “The Inventor as Pitchman,” Lindsay Blakely, Business 2.0.