The result: Sherwin-Williams and the other retailers that distributed her product lines never left her side.
Lesson: If a career disaster happens, don’t sit and wait for people to help you. Tell your side of the story forcefully, instead.
— Adapted from Firing Back: How Great Leaders Rebound After Career Disasters, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, Harvard Business School Press.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can you discipline workers for their raunchy Facebook postings?
- Saving for college? Benefit from little-noticed Section 529 changes
- Get rid of bad apples! Act fast to fire worker who won't stop slurs despite warnings
- Don't ask employees to sign away their FMLA rights