The result: Sherwin-Williams and the other retailers that distributed her product lines never left her side.
Lesson: If a career disaster happens, don’t sit and wait for people to help you. Tell your side of the story forcefully, instead.
— Adapted from Firing Back: How Great Leaders Rebound After Career Disasters, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, Harvard Business School Press.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Comcast bill dispute allegedly costs customer his job
- Workers gone wild ... and the lessons to be learned
- Replacing worker with someone slightly younger isn't age bias
- Change your computer passwords often: Study casts suspicious eye on departing IT staff