The result: Sherwin-Williams and the other retailers that distributed her product lines never left her side.
Lesson: If a career disaster happens, don’t sit and wait for people to help you. Tell your side of the story forcefully, instead.
— Adapted from Firing Back: How Great Leaders Rebound After Career Disasters, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, Harvard Business School Press.
- 4 key trends transforming employee assistance programs
- New employee not working out? Have hiring manager handle the firing
- Have those who do the hiring also do the firing
- What happens if we fail to provide COBRA notice upon termination?
- Any problem firing employee who wants her exempt classification changed?