6 basic rules for would-be leaders
Former Coca-Cola President Jack Stahl describes what he calls six “core skills” needed to succeed in any organization. You must:
— Adapted from Lessons on Leadership, Jack Stahl, Kaplan Publishing.
- Take your cues from everything and everyone around you.
- Pinpoint the most promising opportunities.
- Devise a practical, detailed plan, and organize the resources you’ll need to carry it out.
- Execute your plan, focusing on the details.
- Communicate your vision to your followers and potential followers —anyone who can help.
- Develop the skills and capacity of the people who have chosen to follow you.