The most important was instituting new job- tying individual performance directly to P&L and market share. (“Here’s your budget … and here’s your market share target.”)
To get your people to change their performance, try instituting new success measures.
—Adapted from You’re In Charge—Now What?, Thomas J. Neff and James M. Citrin, Crown Business.
- Leadership strategies for those difficult employee discussions
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real Comp & Benefits Solutions, Sept. '09
- If disability affects performance, demotion may be in order
- Supervisors need to know: Honest performance assessments essential
- Keep your credibility intact: 12 lessons from the courtroom