The most important was instituting new job- tying individual performance directly to P&L and market share. (“Here’s your budget … and here’s your market share target.”)
To get your people to change their performance, try instituting new success measures.
—Adapted from You’re In Charge—Now What?, Thomas J. Neff and James M. Citrin, Crown Business.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6316/gillette-triggering-instant-change "
- Erase ideas of 'implied contract' with repeated at-will statements
- Have solid reason before firing employee on FMLA leave
- How to develop an employee handbook that avoids liability
- Beware suspicious timing when taking action against employee undergoing medical treatment
- Put it in writing! Tracking discipline proves equal treatment for all