The most important was instituting new job- tying individual performance directly to P&L and market share. (“Here’s your budget … and here’s your market share target.”)
To get your people to change their performance, try instituting new success measures.
—Adapted from You’re In Charge—Now What?, Thomas J. Neff and James M. Citrin, Crown Business.
- Personnel records: What to store, when to shred ... and 7 laws you must comply with
- Missed lunch invitations, cramped office aren't enough to warrant lawsuit
- Don't sugarcoat reason for termination
- Intermittent leave no excuse for shoddy work
- When promotions are on the line, follow your criteria and beware supervisor bias