Here is Drucker’s assessment of where you can find opportunities for innovation:
The four areas within a company or industry are: (1) unexpected occurrences, (2) incongruities, (3) process needs and (4) industry and market changes.
Three other targets of opportunity lie outside organizations in the social and intellectual atmosphere: (1) demographic changes, (2) changes in perception and (3) new knowledge.
You’ll find only a handful of situations but plenty of examples. Go for it!
—Adapted from On the Profession of , Peter Drucker, Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Employee is pregnant? You can still discipline or fire if she violates your policies
- As summer heats up, so does employer liability: 5 tips for the season
- When conducting bias investigations, you don't need to be perfect--just reasonable
- University of Alabama shooting: What could have been done to keep staff safe?
- Blaze path for lifelong learning