But few leaders can accurately answer this fundamental question: “What kinds of people am I looking for?”
Too many leaders base hiring decisions on education and credentials alone. They fail to consider “softer” questions, such as:
- Is the candidate a visionary?
- Does the applicant think in a conceptual way?
- Can the person communicate well?
- Does he or she have a proven track record of getting things done?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Beware: Bias can creep into hiring decisions
- Learn from the best: 5 retention tips from top companies
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability
- 10 warning signs of low morale