But few leaders can accurately answer this fundamental question: “What kinds of people am I looking for?”
Too many leaders base hiring decisions on education and credentials alone. They fail to consider “softer” questions, such as:
- Is the candidate a visionary?
- Does the applicant think in a conceptual way?
- Can the person communicate well?
- Does he or she have a proven track record of getting things done?
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6287/consider-soft-skills-when-hiring "
- Found liable for discrimination? You'll owe back pay, even if fired worker starts a new business
- The myth of the 'perfect leader'
- New worry: RICO charges for hiring illegals
- Are there ADA implications if we ask applicants to take personality tests?
- Worker confidence in 3rd quarter slips but still higher than last year