But few leaders can accurately answer this fundamental question: “What kinds of people am I looking for?”
Too many leaders base hiring decisions on education and credentials alone. They fail to consider “softer” questions, such as:
- Is the candidate a visionary?
- Does the applicant think in a conceptual way?
- Can the person communicate well?
- Does he or she have a proven track record of getting things done?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Give your staff permission to disagree
- Only interviewing a few candidates? Note why you skipped some applications
- Keep your workplace drug-free without creating liability
- Mandating New-Age spirituality at work can trigger an Old-School lawsuit