But few leaders can accurately answer this fundamental question: “What kinds of people am I looking for?”
Too many leaders base hiring decisions on education and credentials alone. They fail to consider “softer” questions, such as:
- Is the candidate a visionary?
- Does the applicant think in a conceptual way?
- Can the person communicate well?
- Does he or she have a proven track record of getting things done?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Tap your passion to keep in touch with your core values
- Creating drug-free workplace: How to draft a policy, conduct legal tests
- Prep new hires with a welcome package
- Survey: Résumé typos the No. 1 deal-breaker