- A history of effective leadership.
- A constructive spirit of discontent, i.e., an “unscratchable itch.”
- The ability to come up with practical ideas, not just imaginative ones.
- A willingness to take responsibility for things that do not work out as planned.
- The ability to bring things to completion.
- The ability to bounce back from setbacks and show mental toughness.
- The respect of peers and subordinates.
- The rare ability to make people want to listen to them.
Get weekly updates on breaking news and business advice to help you advance your career! The week's top stories and resources will be sent right to your inbox. Choose the topics you're interested in:
We value your Privacy.