Folgers quickly drilled its own well and acquired 150 FEMA trailers for its own workers, who got the plant running again in less than three weeks.
Here’s how fighters bounce back:
- Raise the alarm. As soon as you spot heinous trouble, shout it up and down the line. The faster everyone’s on alert, the faster the solution.
- Make like a cookie cutter. Don’t customize a product or service until the last moment so you can move more comfortably with market ups and downs.
- Hire smart. How will you know? Good hires make themselves useful across the organization. They also use each experience to improve how they handle the next one.
- Carry a spare. Redundancy supports resilience. If you have backup plans and the means to carry them out, you’re set.
- Unleash your team. Build a crisis team and let it do its thing.