- Have you failed to seek job assignments that push you to the edge of your comfort zone?
- Do you avoid high-stakes assignments?
- Have you hit a plateau in building networks and relationships both internally and externally?
- Are you focusing on near-term performance goals to the exclusion of longer-term learning?
— Adapted from “Pulling Yourself Up Through the Ranks,” Loren Gary, Harvard Update.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Problem Solved: Real People … Real Leadership Solutions, June '09
- Beware behavior that 'poisons the well,' spawns discrimination lawsuits
- Apply 'fashion police' rules evenly to avoid discrimination complaints
- Manager's Checkup: Learn what employees really think