A Yes, the fringe benefit for transportation expenses under Sec. 132 still exists. For 2008, the maximum monthly amount an employee may receive on a tax-exempt basis is $115 for qualified commuting expenses and $220 for parking fees. These amounts are adjusted for inflation on an annual basis.
Tip: For this purpose, qualified “commuting expenses”refers to the value of employer-provided transit passes and/or van pooling.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Wellness programs: Clash between health care reform and GINA
- Save hours, employee worry with identity-Theft protection
- A matter of policy: Doing 4 things right helps win lawsuits
- Employee's religious belief doesn't let her dictate your business