A Yes, the fringe benefit for transportation expenses under Sec. 132 still exists. For 2008, the maximum monthly amount an employee may receive on a tax-exempt basis is $115 for qualified commuting expenses and $220 for parking fees. These amounts are adjusted for inflation on an annual basis.
Tip: For this purpose, qualified “commuting expenses”refers to the value of employer-provided transit passes and/or van pooling.
- Preserve flex, work/life benefits during tough economy
- Remind employees: Honesty required when applying for health insurance benefits
- New trend: Tiered doc networks; pay top premium for top doctors
- Mount Carmel Health to cut jobs, programs
- To avoid negligence liability, set strict control rules for contracted labor