A Yes, the fringe benefit for transportation expenses under Sec. 132 still exists. For 2008, the maximum monthly amount an employee may receive on a tax-exempt basis is $115 for qualified commuting expenses and $220 for parking fees. These amounts are adjusted for inflation on an annual basis.
Tip: For this purpose, qualified “commuting expenses”refers to the value of employer-provided transit passes and/or van pooling.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- FMLA in the trenches: 10 tactics to wipe out fraud and abuse
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore
- Unemployment filings overwhelm state systems
- Consider consulting an attorney before stating why you terminated an employee