• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

How to Maximize the Section 179 Deduction

by on
in Small Business Tax,Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies

Q.  My wife earns $50,000 a year and I earn about $100,000 annually. Now, I’m trying to start a sideline business. If the business has no income in 2006, can I still use the Section 179 write-off?

A.  Yes. Besides the maximum annual allowance figure, your deduction is limited to your taxable income from the active conduct of all trades or business. That includes your wages as an employee and your spouse’s wages, as well as income from sole proprietorships, partnerships and S corporations. Therefore, you can count the entire $150,000 of wages for this purpose. Tip: The maximum Section 179 allowance for 2006 is $108,000, which should give you plenty of leeway to buy the assets you’ll need for your new business.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6149/how-to-maximize-the-section-179-deduction "

Leave a Comment