A. On the contrary. Although Congress didn’t extend several popular tax benefits—such as the tax credit for research and development (R&D) expenses, the jobs credit for hiring certain disadvantaged workers and the college tuition deduction—it will be tackling those issues again before the end of the year. It’s likely that Congress will reinstate those expired tax breaks retroactive to the beginning of 2006. Tip: At press time, the chances appeared slim that Congress will enact any significant estate reform this year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Worried About a New Hire? 7 'Salvage Operation' Tips
- Shield your best people from recruiters' clutches
- One wrong word can launch a lawsuit: Warn bosses about the danger of ageist comments
- Don't shy away from personality tests, but know the risks