On-site scuba lessons, desks on wheels, employee shopping sprees and unlimited time off are just a few of the ways innovative employers recruit, reward, retain and refresh workers. See if any of these best practices—some simple, some extravagant—inspire you to take a fresh look at your company’s perks.
- Energy firm workers stay fit with scuba
- IT company builds teamwork with rolling desks, fast rewards
- Phoenix firm treats staff to shopping spree
- Online financial advice firm allows unlimited time off
- Team-building trips bolster software company’s retention
- Employees have paid time off to volunteer in community
All these stories were pulled from the pages of HR Specialist Compensation & Benefits newsletter, your monthly must-have guide for recruiting and retaining the right employees to meet big challenges and achieve even bigger goals.
For even more great “what’s working” ideas, check out our white paper What's Working in , featuring 10 creative : Vol. I and compensation programs being offered by U.S. employers.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- What can we tell co-workers about a new employee's sex change and transgender status?
- Supreme Court upholds mandatory E-Verify in Arizona case
- Video résumés: Set a policy and plan for the legal risks
- How to handle pay for Guard and Reserve members