On-site scuba lessons, desks on wheels, employee shopping sprees and unlimited time off are just a few of the ways innovative employers recruit, reward, retain and refresh workers. See if any of these best practices—some simple, some extravagant—inspire you to take a fresh look at your company’s perks.
- Energy firm workers stay fit with scuba
- IT company builds teamwork with rolling desks, fast rewards
- Phoenix firm treats staff to shopping spree
- Online financial advice firm allows unlimited time off
- Team-building trips bolster software company’s retention
- Employees have paid time off to volunteer in community
All these stories were pulled from the pages of HR Specialist Compensation & Benefits newsletter, your monthly must-have guide for recruiting and retaining the right employees to meet big challenges and achieve even bigger goals.
For even more great “what’s working” ideas, check out our white paper What's Working in , featuring 10 creative : Vol. I and compensation programs being offered by U.S. employers.
- 6 tax reasons why you should put your spouse on the payroll
- Do small employers have to comply with COBRA?
- Want the job? Giving your Social Security number is mandatory
- Interviewing older candidates: Don't cross the bias line
- When manager slides from difficult to impossible, good documentation supports reason for firing