The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Overtime must be approved by your supervisor in advance and should be included on the time sheet in your total hours worked. XYZ retains sole discretion to determine when employees must work overtime. Allwill be paid at one and a half times their base hourly rate for any work performed over 40 hours per week.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware lawsuits from outspoken employees
- Win the talent war: Today's pipeline is tomorrow's lifeline
- Morgan Stanley gains yet more bad publicity over sexual harassment
- Snapshot: How important is training and development to success at work?