The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Overtime must be approved by your supervisor in advance and should be included on the time sheet in your total hours worked. XYZ retains sole discretion to determine when employees must work overtime. Allwill be paid at one and a half times their base hourly rate for any work performed over 40 hours per week.”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Remind supervisors: Neglecting job descriptions, appraisals lead to trouble
- FLSA lawsuit cocktail: Hourly staff mixing work, lunch
- Form a benefits users group to help make better decisions
- Explicit Sex Talk by the 'Victim' Can Be Used as Harassment Defense