The following sample policy was excerpted from The Book of Company Policies, published by HR Specialist, © 2007. Edit for your organization's purposes.
“Overtime must be approved by your supervisor in advance and should be included on the time sheet in your total hours worked. XYZ retains sole discretion to determine when employees must work overtime. Allwill be paid at one and a half times their base hourly rate for any work performed over 40 hours per week.”
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6054/free-download-sample-overtime-policy "
- Candy bars and $100 bills help recognize work 'Stars'
- 'Angel of death' case highlights the risk of negligent hiring lawsuits
- Tell supervisors: You can't just make up your own performance appraisal standards
- Court warns against bending the rules when hiring
- Investigation notes, report may prove valuable in court