Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- After employee files internal complaint, beware retaliation, correct problems ASAP
- N.J. Supreme Court sets rules for proving religious discrimination
- Hudson Valley Hospital not so sweet to diabetic employee
- Document why you fired worker, even in cases where rationale seems crystal clear
- Innuendo alone doesn't amount to harassment