Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- When the riffed 'group' is just one worker, expect a lawsuit
- Know applicant's race? Don't try to deny the obvious
- Supreme Court's tight Ledbetter filing deadline begins to slip
- Workers' comp disability doesn't mean automatic ADA coverage
- Harassing Our Vets at Work: Unpatriotic for Sure, But Is It Illegal?