Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Go ahead and trim the tree--while keeping your party liability-free
- Don't withhold promised severance when a former employee files suit
- Fight harassment with 'no sex talk' policy
- Don't let rogue supervisor destroy your solid training and promotion program