Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Using contractors won't stop race bias claims
- Can law enforcement agencies prohibit uniformed officers from wearing religious garb?
- Corbett says he would support ban on gay discrimination
- Romance policies that work--even with 'irresistible' employees