Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Good news: Properly worded arbitration agreement valid in California
- No need to establish absolute proof before terminating alleged harasser
- Michigan high court sides with doctor in Civil Rights Act case
- Mayor, police chief square off, but chief takes home $160,000