Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Corporation takes $427,000 hit for discrimination
- BofA, Merrill face sex bias lawsuit following merger
- Older workers driving up insurance costs? That's no reason to terminate them
- Don't let one rogue manager brand you an age discriminator