Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't fall into the retaliation trap! Have solid reason for firing complainer
- May we ask applicants about their religion?
- Racial slur or everyday saying? If it's offensive, make sure it stops
- Older worker's performance falling? Document the decline before discharge