Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/6041/aarp-sued-for-age-discrimination "
- Different discipline for 'similar' offenses? Better be prepared to explain why
- Sexual harassment settlement costs $462,500 for Irvine firm
- Obesity: the next disability? Large cook sues McDonald's for bias
- SunTrust sued after harassment allegations surface in Sarasota
- Start new year with thorough review of your sexual harassment policies and practices