Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- Track disciplinary details to stop bias suits
- There's one foolproof way to win discrimination lawsuits
- Tell worker when interactive accommodations process ends
- Strive for harmony, plan for a lawsuit: Document every complaint
- Of good faith and gut instinct: Fire employee who falsely claims discrimination