Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- Enforce e-mail usage rules--if only to avoid PR nightmare
- Rest easier: Harassment won't lead to lawsuit for negligence and harassment
- Let 'em know: Post all promotion opportunities
- Found liable for discrimination? You'll owe back pay, even if fired worker starts a new business
- Minnesota town administrator files human rights complaint