Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to ward off some class-action pay-bias suits: Grant managers limited discretion to set pay
- HR after the mid-terms: What's Washington going to do?
- McAllen, TX moves to put harassment case behind it
- Outrageous co-worker harassment? 4 quick actions can help you avoid liability