Bonita Brady, an employee in the Lansing office of AARP, is suing the advocacy group, claiming she was passed over for promotions and terminated due to her age. Brady, who is 63 and worked on health issues, was let go during a 2007 reorganization.
The association then passed her over for nine vacancies despite excellent reviews, she says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Break in employment may cut hostile environment liability
- Steamed at Maxwell House, employee wins reinstatement
- Bulletproof anti-harassment policy by ensuring employees know how to lodge their complaints
- Pair of cases shows how you can legally use arbitration, but standards are high