After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- Don't let managers hire or fire based on family health costs
- EEOC challenges Cavalier attitude toward age bias
- Is an employee's refusal to cooperate with an internal investigation a firing offense?
- Rep. Lewis, Capitol Hill staffer settle discrimination suit
- Always investigate discrimination complaints to ferret out boss bias, prevent retaliation