After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn employees of the dangers of dipping into 401(k) funds
- Be prepared to explain bonus before discharge
- Firing hourly worker? Starbucks' big win shows how to handle wage statements and pay
- ADEA: Prevent fastest growing, most expensive type of bias