After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- An unsigned contract is still a contract
- What's this I hear about a 'cooling-off' period in layoffs involving severance pay?
- OK to fire for insubordination, even if employee has filed discrimination complaint
- Former manager smells blood, files whistle-blower lawsuit