After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- Announcing terminations: What's the smartest way?
- Avoid a wrongful termination lawsuit
- FMLA isn't 'discipline shield': Fire for unrelated actions
- When reorg will cut older worker's position, consider offering reassignment to other jobs
- Can we fire worker who gave notice and promptly started slacking off?