After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Emanuel pick for school head will have to explain age remarks
- Fort Wayne dealership must pay $1.1 million for retaliation
- Echoes of Virginia Tech: 'Copycat comments' lead to firings around U.S.
- Warn managers: Zero tolerance for any kind of age-related harassment