After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- Under new FMLA rules, think twice before automatically firing workers who don't call in
- Good past performance doesn't rule out firing
- Employee has complained about discrimination? He still has to follow all legitimate rules
- Track discrimination claims to head off post-Firing suits
- Tighten I-9 practices in advance of new legislation