After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- Use new EEOC guidance to review severance agreements
- Beware firing after employee's pay complaint
- Disruptive employee really deserves firing? Don't let FMLA keep you from pulling the trigger
- Your 2010 HR action plan: 10 trends, 10 resolutions
- Any problem firing employee who wants her exempt classification changed?