After firing one employee in a showdown over Florida’s new guns-at-work law, Disney has taken a small step back.
The company released a revised policy in August that allows employees who don’t work at Walt Disney World Resort to keep guns in their cars, in accordance with state law. The Florida Attorney General’s Office confirmed that the resort is exempt because it stores large amounts of fireworks.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be consistent when you discipline and terminate
- Give HR the last word on terminations: Supervisor bias can taint firing decisions
- Suspect leave abuse? Be certain before you act
- Stick to your story: Shifting explanations for terminations are lawsuit red flags