Frank Amodeo, head of Mirabilis Ventures in Orlando, has been indicted on 27 counts of conspiracy and fraud for allegedly stealing $182 million in
Through Mirabilis, Amodeo operated numerous temporary service companies and professional employment organizations, including AEM, AQMI Strategy Corp., Common Paymaster Corp., Nexia Strategy Corp., Presidion Corp., Presidion Solutions, Quantum Delta Enterprises and Wellington Capital Group.
Amodeo allegedly used the companies to steal federal tax withholding, Social Security and Medicare deductions from employee paychecks. IRS Special Agent Victor Lessof called the case one of the biggest employment tax scams in the agency’s history.
Amodeo faces up to 370 years in prison, almost $7 million in fines and the forfeiture of more than $14 million in property, including his private jet.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Former TSU hoops coach wins $730,000 for sex bias
- Top CEOs' cash take-home pay rose 10.8% last year
- Employment taxes: IRS and states join hands to stem violations
- Will the Alternative Minimum Tax 'patch' save your skin?