Q. How long should I keep employment-related records, such as wage information and personnel files?
A. There are many records retention requirements under the numerous laws that govern the workplace. In Ohio, however, the limitations period for filing a discrimination claim under state law is six years, so the safest practice is to keep employment-related records for at least that long.
- Supreme Court backs employee following 'cat's paw' boss bias
- Personnel files: Identifying vulnerable record-keeping practices
- ChildNet could have used 'Dragnet' detective work
- 11,000 join ranks of federal teleworkers
- Do I now have to provide long-term care insurance to my employees' same-sex domestic partners?